Cash is trying to sit by himself. He still has a ways to go as far as being able to balance out his body, but he definitely has the strength. This morning I set him in his carseat so I could make his bottle and I can't do this for very long or out of site because he has been able to wiggle himself out of the carseat for a couple months now (way too early if you ask me to be doing that kind of moving...I'm having scary thoughts of an earlier crawler, Parkes was 10 months and it was very nice). Anyway, so I turn around to put in the formula and turn back around because he starts crying and find him belly side down in his carseat.

And Parkes has started to try to hold Cash so every time I turn around I find them like this. It's hard to explain to Parkes not to hug him all the time.

This weekend we went to Brandon's parents house in west Tennessee. They got a trampoline for Brandon's sister for Christmas and of course that's all Parkes wanted to do. He had a blast jumping around and even learned to do a forwards roll.

Cash got on for a second but quickly spit up so had to go back in.

And we had a great and relaxing Mother's Day with them as I got a break from being the bad parent and always saying no. Parkes was so sweet...he's been telling me all week "happy mother's day" because they were talking about it at school, and gave me a present when I picked him up on Friday where he written why he loved me. His answer, "Because mom brought Cash home and changes his diaper." And Brandon actually went out at midnight Saturday night to get some flowers for me which I didn't expect anything since we were out of town and he had already told me he was getting some flowers to go in what will be a flower bed in the backyard once the driveway goes down so it was sweet of him to sacrifice his sleep especially since he then got up with Cash at 3 when he woke up. Cash seems to be two good nights then one bad so not too bad...Parkes did spoil us, but we are learning not to expect anything close to the same except for looks. One day I'll put a side by side picture of them at the same age (Parkes' are on another computer), but it really does scare me sometimes looking at Cash because I feel like I am looking at Parkes 3 years ago.

And finally some funny moments from the week...Parkes usually goes to children's worshop at church well at Happy's (Brandon's dad...Parkes named him) church there is none because it is small so when communion came out Parkes decided it was a good time to say the pray and proceeded to sing loudly throughout the whole communion, "God, our Father, God, our Father, God, our Father..." he never made it to the second verse. And last night when he went to bed he decided it was a good idea to hide from us, but indeed up falling asleep before we came to find him so when I went to check on him before I went to bed I couldn't find him...after a moment of panic I saw a small foot sticking out of a pile of pillows. Hope all the moms and moms-to-be had a great day yesterday!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment