Monday, March 26, 2007

Where'd Spring Go?

It has been hot here...reaching 86 yesterday for an all time high in 100 years. So we played with water a lot over the weekend to keep Parkes cool. On Friday we took paintbrushes and painted a piece of wood with water or that was the idea it quickly became more exciting for Parkes to paint his hair instead. Then we left to head to Somerville, TN to visit Brandon's Nana for the day on Saturday where Parkes got to visit with his cousin Will and show off his running. His new thing right now is to run around saying "I'm fast, I'm fast." The problem is he is so interested to make sure that we are watching him that he doesn't look where he is going and runs into trees and falls on his back, but being the tough kid that he is he gets up and shakes his head to "shake it off" and then takes off running again. He loved for Uncle Brian to shake the trees to make all the petals fall on his head. On our way home we stopped at the Casey Jones village so Parkes could climb on the trains which are his favorite toys right now. After getting back home we promised Parkes on Sunday after church we would go over to Bicentennial Mall so he could play in the fountains, but they were closed to have work done so we found the next best thing in a fountain at the Farmer's Market where he completely soaked himself while I bought some vegetable plants that I am going to attempt to keep alive. I don't have to best record with plants, but I was encouraged that my chives from last year have reappeared very healthy. The rest of my herbs don't look like they'll be coming back though. Well that was our weekend. Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend too. Oh and cheer for UCLA to win the basketball tournament so I beat Brandon for the 4th year in a row in the bracket (this is the closest year so far and I could lose if UCLA doesn't win it all.)

Finally he was so exhausted from the weekend he fell asleep on the couch!!

No comments: