Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Easter Bunny visited all of us...

by finally getting Parkes potty trained this weekend!!!!!! For having so much family actually right near us we actually had no plans for Easter so with Parkes out of school on Friday for Good Friday and his Spring Break (which luckily was only one day so he didn't have a whole week at home) I decided to give potty training one more shot, and after a absolute horrible day thursday where we went through at least 10 pairs of underwear he started to catch on on friday. and by saturday he wore the same pair of underwear all day!!!! We did sacrifice going to the church easter egg hunt for potty training but it was well worth it to only have one child in diapers now. And Parkes did join Abby James and Draper at their church's egg hunt so he got one in this year. The Easter Bunny did visit Parkes with a few goodies and brought Cash some formula. Sadly I did not get many pictures this Easter so I'll have to do a photo shot of the boys in their outfits sometime this week when it is warmer out and Parkes is a little more well adjusted to the potty and doesn't go every 10 mins in order to get a treat which he is taking complete advantage of so I'll leave you with this one picture of Parkes with his Easter basket. Hope y'all had a wonderful Easter, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has it been that long since I have been over? The den is looking a pretty shade of blue to me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Parkes, and especially to Mom!
JenS

Katie said...

no it hasn't been that long...since i was tied to the house for the weekend i decided to paint and picked out this blue from our collection of paint in the shed. i get restless.

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of Parkes! It looks like he got some great goodies :) That's great news about Parkes - I know you all are thrilled!