Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick or Treat

On Saturday we went up to Parkes' School for a Fall Fest and Trunk or Treat. He had a great time once he realized all the games resulted in him getting prizes. He, also, very much enjoyed Trunk or Treat but returned all candy to the people if it was not yellow (the yellow phase continues). Yesterday morning he had his Halloween party at school and I completely forgot to take my camera, but it was lots of fun with cupcakes and cookies with his friends. Then last night for Halloween we went over and meet his cousins, Abby James and Draper, at their grandparents house and my parents and sister came as well. Parkes had had a rough night and day with some asthma and allergy problems that only got worse when we got out in the cool air and he was running around from house to house so we only did a few stops before heading to the pharmacy to pick up some medicine. But we did get one funny story from the night where instead ofsaying "trick or treat" when one guy opened the door Parkes instead said, "I come in." And then proceed to let himself in and try to go up the stairs in their house as Abby James followed him in. Brandon went in and got them and luckily the people were really nice. Parkes' lastest thing is pointing out everyone's favorite football teams. He himself goes back and forth from his team being either Roll Tide or Hotty Toddy, but then he likes to point out the gators for Matt, Georgia for Keri (which he added Green Bay as one of her teams since they have a G on their helmets, Broncos for Ms. Laura (she's the only one that gets a ms. for some reason), and then he likes to tell us that "we don't like Nathan's team" whenever he sees a big orange T (sorry Tennessee fans but he's right, I still say they would be more likable if they would get rid of the prison orange color...there is just no need for that much of that color). I am very proud of some of the SEC schools for letting their bands wear t-shirts and khakis....i have been saying for a very long time that it is just cruel to make the band were those polester outfits for the heat and the looks so finally someone listened to me though I said they should wear polos and khakis. But I have noticed it on Ole Miss and Georgia's bands so far so hopefully everyone else will follow. Okay well enough of my random thoughts, I leave you with the best picture I got of Parkes and Abby James from last night (Abby James is the poodle and Parkes is in midcough).

3 comments:

Stressed and Distressed said...

That last picture is hysterical!! I completely agree with the Tennessee color of puke orange. Ewe!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! It sounds like Parkes had a fun Halloween - even with his asthma symptoms. Parkes continues to amaze me with his knack of knowing everyone's favorites! Yes, the orange color is on the top of my list of things I don't like about the Vols! Even if I was a fan - I could never wear that color. I try to talk to Nathan into buying black or white UT clothing. They are much more subtle!

Anonymous said...

Love the Halloween entry! I am laughing. Funny enough, Parkes has taught Jay the color yellow and EVERYTHING in our home is now yellow!