Friday, November 02, 2007

Thank You

I went to drop Parkes off at school this morning and realized I had forgotten my checkbook to pay for his monthly tution so was thinking to myself I needed to remember to bring it when I picked him up. And when I went to put his lunch in his cubby there ws a note for me, I opened it up and saw the word tution and then just folded it up not really thinking much of it because I knew I still needed to pay. So then as I was talking to the director on my way out she pointed to the note and said that she was not suppose to say anything about that which I thought was a little bit of an odd thing to say but I just said that I had forgotten my checkbook and I'd pay that afternoon. Which she responded no you didn't read the note, so then I opened it and saw that it said that his tution had been paid for Novemeber and immediately started crying. The director said she had been ordered not to tell us who had paid, but that we had very good friends. So thank you to whoever did this it means the world to us and to Parkes as he loves his school. It even made Brandon cry although I'm sure he doesn't want me telling people. It has been a very hard month on us and me being pregnant has not helped with my crazy emotions, but I know we'll get through it especially with such great family and friends. God has blessed us so much that I know he has a plan for this next part of our life that will be wonderful and better then we could ever imagine.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Okay, so you probably have no clue who I am! I was randomly clicking on blogs and saw your last name and just had to say who I was. I'm married to Jim Byerly that worked with Brandon at Plymart. I had dropped Emery off one day at their work and saw Parkes- so I know I have the right family! Anyway, your entry made me cry too! We are in the same boat as you guys- no job and baby on the way! This too shall pass though!It's so hard to see that, but things will work out. Good luck to Brandon on the job search. If you ever need to vent on your frustrations feel free to email me! elizabethbyerly985@hotmail.com
Jim had talked about getting together with you guys sometime, and then the whole thing with STUPID plymart happened. I hope you don't think I'm too weird for commenting!

Mary Alice said...

Amazing story, Katie! It made me cry too! My prayer is that the Lord will continue to raise people up to meet your needs and surprise you with His Goodness! He is so faithful to do that.

We love you guys so much and continue to pray for the right job for Brandon - we're here if you need anything. Don't forget that we've been jobless and pregnant too and know just how unbelievably stressful it can be. Just keep breathing.

Elizabeth S said...

Hi! You don't know me either, but we used to go to Otter Creek and have mutual friends in common. Anyway, we are in the same boat financially it sounds like. Aren't those gifts so special! You story touched me and so I just had to comment. We have been in this boat a lot, so I know that if you trust God to provide and use your gifts to glorify Him, He will not fail you! I'll be praying for you.