Monday, July 16, 2007

Quiet House

We dropped Parkes off yesterday with his Pappy, Oma and Aunt Brittany for a few days to a week depending on how it goes. He was so excited telling us that Mommy and Daddy needed to stay home and just he would go. He likes to be very independent. He has in the last week decided to sleep on the hardwood floors with just his blanket so hopefully that will help his stay since they are still waiting for US Customs to release their furniture to them. This leaves a very quiet house for me and Brandon which was very clear when we woke up this morning to an alarm instead of the sound of Parkes yelling at his door that he was ready for the gate to come off and for Daddy to make his waffle (Mommy does not make it as good). But this is giving Brandon and I the time to get some progress done on the house (which Brandon did not meet my deadline of sleeping upstairs by the end of my first trimester which is in two days). So today I have been going through boxes to organize them into plastic bins to put in the new attic space and hopefully Brandon will get the rest of the drywall hung so we can start mudding it. We have made a lot of progress in what will be Parkes' room in unloading a lot of the boxes of storage that has been in there by either selling it in a yard sale or on craigslist.com...I have even gotten Brandon to sell some of his beloved Alabama collection which he has always told me would be grounds for a divorce if I ever sold it, and he is still going to go through and sell some of his Alabama pictures and poker table (I told him he could get a fold up table top version) so if anyone is interested let us know. Here's a couple pictures of what will be the master bedroom side of the master suite.

2 comments:

RedGorilla said...

It may be your 4th trimester before he gets this thing done.... LOL!

Mary Alice said...

It is going to be so great when you guys are done!! And I know that you will so enjoy your week of quiet. You will miss Parkes, yes, but you will enjoy it too!

Tell Brandon to give Phillip a shout about the Poker table...he really wants one and he has a fold up top that I'm sure he's be willing to part with if Brandon wants to do a work out a little deal!

It was great seeing you guys on Sunday...I wish our crazy lives allowed it to be more frequent!