Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

All this wasn't done this weekend, but I thought I would post some house pictures to show what a hard worker my wonderful husband is. So this first picture was taken the week before Christmas when we spent a few nights with no roof on the house. I don't know how well you can tell but basically there's nothing up there, luckily it was in the 70's that week. Now this one was taken at the end of that week when all the framing got done. Brandon didn't do all this on his own we had some framers come in. And then this is what Brandon did all weekend long. He's been working on the inside, but with the long weekend figured this was a good weekend to rent scaffolding to get the outside done. So for 8 or more hours a day for three days he was by himself out on the house which worked fine until it was time to move the scaffolding to the other side of the house and as he was trying to take the top layer off and he's 15 feet in the air it slowly starts to fall luckily towards the house and the laundry caught it. But that was when I had to go in because I couldn't watch and he wouldn't allow me to help him. And here he is finally at 5:00 on Monday evening finishing up the last few pieces. You can see his head and arm up on the roof. So after that he came down and had a much needed cold beverage and we cooked out some hamburgers and hot dogs with Matt, Keri, Todd and Joel who came to see his hard work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good! I can't wait to see the finished product.