
and I feel like we have been in overdrive the whole time. We started out Spring with Tee Ball starting. Brandon was helping our neighbor coach Parkes' team, however, lately he has been not able to do a lot of helping so it's a good thing our neighbor is such a good coach. Parkes has really enjoyed it and it has really clicked for him. He is doing really well at playing. Cash wishes that he was on the team and is quite the athlete already showing off his skills on the sideline as he cheers for everyone on the team.

And look what has grown. Cash's hair has really started growing and to my amazement it is curling. I still don't think his is going to be like Parkes so I'm holding off on a haircut so I can enjoy how cute he looks with his baby curls.


With the Nashville Flood has come a lot of long hours for Brandon. Me and the boys were out of school for a whole week due to damage at the school, roads around the school and some of the families at the school who lost everything. Brandon and his partner, Chris, spent the week after the flood leading teams of volunteers from our church out into the affected areas helping to get the houses demoed so they will not have mold growing while continuing the jobs he already had going and jobs coming in (they worked 80 hours last week). The stories that he has told and the pictures he has are both devastating and uplifting. I got to join him out on Saturday and it was such a wonderful experience to see Brandon and Chris working with such love for the people that have been affected and amazing to see the hope in the people that have lost all their possessions. In a tragedy to this extreme it would be so easy to crumble, but that is not the feeling out in these neighborhoods and I hope that volunteer help and spirit continues as people start getting back to life as normal.

This picture above is nothing compared to what is seen on these streets. Below is Chris and his family taking a break from working in Green Hills.

Enjoy the rest of Spring. We are looking forward to the end of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment