So the boys did wake up after Brandon had to go back to Parkes room and yell "Ho Ho Ho" a couple times. And like last year Parkes was a little slow waking up and really giving us the reaction we thought, but he did warm up after about 10 minutes and get excited that he got his "Lightning McQueen" bike (I use quotes as Brandon and I decided to buy him a bike a few weeks ago, but he had never mentioned wanting one until two days before Christmas he started telling us how he wanted a Ligtning McQueen bike so we added some stickers to the one we had rather then get out in the holiday mess...yes I know great parents, but he was happy with it).

Cash was more interested in Parkes toys which usually Parkes would push him down, but here's them actually opening a present together.

Parkes got really into the opening of presents and never really looked what he got until all the presents were opened and he could stop and check things out. After our family Christmas we headed back to my parents for lunch and more presents and fun. Here's Parkes showing Uncle Brad the power ranger he got.

Jim and Sarah Beth who have not been back to Nashville since last Christmas so this was the first time they got to meet Cash.

Then if Christmas wasn't enough we have Parkes birthday on the 27th. So the 26th we cleared out all the Christmas decorations and put up the birthday decorations for the boys family birthday party (Cash's is Jan 7 so we just did them together...I told Parkes he could have a friend birthday in the summer since he shared his birthday with Cash). So here are the cousins and Uncle Jim at the kids table.

And Cash really enjoyed the cake....he had 3 slices, but luckily slept great that night not waking up until 8:30 the next morning.

So after the boys birthday we had a surprise birthday party for Sarah Beth the next day...her birthday is the 31st, but her parents were in town only until the 30th so we wanted them to be there for it. She did however catch on when she noticed a line of cars not too far from the party house that she recognized. So here's all the Stevens family. I don't have a picture of Sarah Beth's side, but a side note her cousin was my good friend growing up and we introduced Jim and Sarah Beth several years ago so now we get to be somewhat related.

And Cash was happy to get more cake.

So after all the festivities we all crashed last night. Well I say all, that is all but Parkes. We tricked Cash into bed at 6 since he had missed his afternoon nap. Then put Parkes in his room with a movie. Brandon was watching football downstairs, and I went upstairs to watch Food Network. Well about 8 Brandon and I both fell asleep while watching our shows. Then about 9:30 I get woken up by Parkes asking why Daddy is sleeping on the couch. So Parkes climb in bed with me and Brandon woke up around midnight to realize his spot was taken and went back to sleep in Parkes bed. The whole family sleep until 9 in the morning so we might need to keep up this pace to keep the boys sleeping.
3 comments:
The Grandma that was in MI thanks you so much! They are so precious. Love the bike and Cash's hat. Thanks a million for keeping us in touch with these precious boys and the happenings at the Waymire home!
Gosh after reading your blog it makes me want to take a nap! Thanks again for everything! We leave on Thrusday. So, we will have to meet up before then!
SarahBeth
I love the new background and the picture of the boys.
Post a Comment