Monday, August 04, 2008

Well to stay out of this heat we've had lots of days like the picture above playing inside and Parkes and Cash are happy to have each other to play with. I still haven't taken too many pictures lately, we've just had a lot going on this past two weeks. I've been interviewing for a preschool teaching job...we were looking to try to get me a job with insurance, but with Cash still young, preschools for his age in our area our competitive and consist of a pretty long waiting list so me working at a school the boys could go was the best option for us, but as I found that still isn't the easiest thing to find that can have two spots for the boys and insurance benefits. So I interviewed this morning and have the job as long as my references say good things at a three day a week preschool that can take both boys so at least it will give us the extra money to cover the insurance we have set up now and allow me to be home two days and not miss out on Cash's first couple of years which was one of my concerns with a full time position. So it will be an adjustment, but also nice to get a little break from what I've been doing for the past almost 4 years. Parkes has been as entertaining as ever lately. Here he is before bed last night in Cash's toy which he always wants to play with over his toys now. He has been quite the gentlemen lately too...he always tells me when I get dressed in the morning how I look beautiful or my dress looks nice. And yesterday as we were driving home from a baby shower (Brandon dropped me off and he took the boys out for ice cream) Parkes asked me if I enjoyed my shower and after I said yes he told me that I smelled nice and looked all clean. And finally Cash will be 7 months in three days....so crazy. It is amazing that he is the same baby from the colicky baby three months ago. He thank goodness has turned into such a happy little boy who definitely is going to stand up for himself around Parkes. He puts a death grip on what he wants if he sees Parkes coming near him. He spends most of he's days laughing or napping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is exiciting news Katie about the possible part time job. What a great opportunity that would be to work at the same school the boys could go to. I'm keeping you in my thoughts that you get the job! I can't believe that Cash is almost 7 months - he's become such a little man :)

Jennifer Stites said...

Wow, Parkes looks so much like a little boy now rather than a baby. But I'll bet he still has great hugs!
Jen