Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Spring Program

Well this was a couple weeks ago now and I'm just getting the pictures (which are not the best quality) posted, but Parkes had his Spring Program at school. From the Fall Program Parkes was more vocal this time around (or at least he moved his mouth). He did, like last time, sway the whole time that they sang. It was very cute and he had lots of family that were able to be there to see him...one and a half sets of grandparents and and two aunts and uncle. He will stay in school all summer without even a day off so I am very excited about that. He is not at this moment excited because his best friend is at a different school now, but we are going to try to keep getting together so they can stay friends since they have become such great friends. And he is upset about school because they are making a new playground and he does not like change, but today was his first day with new friends in his class so I am hopeful he'll have fun and not be "depressed" as the teacher said he was the first day his friend was gone. He did tell me he was planning on drawing lots of "Holden's" to play with. Here's his class...he's on the far left. He is so short for his class which he is the youngest, but he'll always be towards the shorter side in school. Here's when the whole school went up to sing "I am a Promise" Cash was held by Grammy during the program Here's the boys in their matching outfits...Grammy has bought them several matching clothes lately and Parkes has really taken to them and gets mad if they are not matching so I at least have to make sure they have the same colors on. We are now official Y members, so we have taken advantage by meeting friends at the pool. Cash loved the nursery or at least took a nice three hour nap after getting home from the nursery and Parkes enjoyed swimming....he warmed up slowly but once he got in he was back to the little fish he was last year and swimming small distances on his own. Cash and I went again today thanks to my friend, Laura, for pushing me to start working out...I have never been to a gym much less gotten on a machine before so I told Laura she would have to be hard on me and make me go which I didn't expect would be the day after I told her that, but I'm glad she made me go...thanks! I need to get in shape to keep up with another active boy. Cash's latest move is to crawl over his boppy...yes I know crazy. He rolls over from his back and uses his arms to get over the boppy to the other side. So no more using the boppy to keep him still...no boppy, no carseat, he hates the swing, I'm running out of places to keep him still so I can change laundry and stuff and he's only a week shy of 5 months.

No comments: