Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun Sunday Yard Work

As we were heading out of the house Saturday evening to take the boys to my parents and enjoy a night out to celebrate a girl I went to high school's birthday, I see this coming down on our windows. I let out a huge scream which brought Brandon running thinking something happen to the boys. He then told me not to scare him like that again because by the time he got in there he didn't see anything until I told him to look out side. Now in my defense I thought the whole tree was coming down and not just one limb of it, but it is a big limb. It rolled off the house, but luckily did no damage and just missed the neighbors car by a couple inches. So needless to say this was Brandon's fun day of yard work for Sunday, but we do have lots of firewood for next year. Cash tried something besides cereal the other day...swiss chard from our CSA. As you can tell he wasn't so sure about it. Here's Parkes eating the cake batter from the cake we took over to the grandparents on Saturday. He always wants to have parties and bake cakes so I let him get his wish on Saturday and bake the cake with promises that we will have a "party" when his Texas granny and Texas Grandpa come in town (yes that is what he calls them, it is really funny to listen to him talk to them calling them that). Parkes was sick a little last week which sickness for him is not slowing down at all and last about two hours, but keeping him away from Cash and others is the worse. So we spent lots of time with nonstop questions coming from Parkes..."where was I when you were in Grammy's belly?", "where was I when you and Daddy got married?", "did you get married at my school or my church?", "where does Abby James go to school?" and much, much more. Finally, I changed out the music in honor of Brandon who will be going backstage at Bret Michaels concert in the beginning of July. He has made some good connections with his new company that wanted to help him out too so they got him and his friend backstage passes. The only two famous people Brandon would like to meet are Bret Michaels (which he has been working on for awhile since they go to the same diabetes doctor) and Bon Jovi which one of his clients knows him too so I'm sure he'll work on that one as well.

1 comment:

Ashley and Joel said...

It was so good to see you this weekend. Hopefully we will be able to come up there again sometime soon!