Saturday, April 12, 2008

A little about Parkes...

I haven't said really what Parkes has been up to and all the changes we have noticed now that he is a three year old (almost 3 and a half which is crazy). And Cash has settled in for a nice long nap which is becoming normal around this time of day which is nice to start to get an idea of the schedule he likes. But anyways, Parkes really has seem to grow up so much in these past few months it is amazing to watch. He has become quite the artist being able to draw stick figures and understanding the idea of coloring an object and tracing letters. He, also, lets his extrovert personality shine. I find him all the time yelling at people on the street asking them their names and if they would like to come to his house. Actually just the other night the director of his school was walking down our street to a greenway near us and Parkes of course started talking away until Brandon walked on the porch to see who he was talking to and found Parkes asking them to come into our house. He never meets a stranger and leaves quite the impression on people when they meet him....he definitely gets it from his Daddy who too is always meeting new people no matter where he is. Parkes has very much enjoyed being in a house of boys. He is always telling me to go out so they can hang out "just the boys" which some nights is a very tempting offer. He has always been very good about sharing so much so he often gets upset if the other kids won't take the toy he is giving them, and he is always telling me, "it's nice to share." I guess I must of said that a lot. Three years old is definitely a little more tiring on me then two (which was a wonderful age for him) because he has definitely realized he doesn't necessarily have to do what I say especially when he knows I have my hands full with Cash and won't be able to make him stay in time out, but then he comes over and says something really funny and I makes me laugh. So that is a short version of Parkes these days...he is no longer our baby, but a little boy.

No comments: