Saturday, December 22, 2007

Gingerbread House

Well I had high hopes for making our gingerbread house. I saw in the Rachael Ray magazine were they made one out rice krispie treats and thought well I could do that. I've never been really talented in regular gingerbread houses but how hard could it be out of rice krispie treats (and of course the picture in the magazine was so cute). So we made the treats and let them cool in the fridge to harden up before I pulled them out to start assembling....after about three attempts I finally got it to stay like this (Brandon got a good laugh at my many attempts, but he wouldn't take a try at it). So then Parkes decorated it with his M&M's which I think he definitely ate more then what made it on the house, and then shortly after this picture was taken the walls started to all fall down, but at least we have a picture of my attempt and Parkes had a good time. Then Parkes had his school Christmas party yesterday which I heard he had a great time (my doctor's appt got moved up so I missed it, but I have pictures coming). And he sat in Mrs. Claus' lap, but still wants nothing to do with Santa. As far as the baby goes, everything is still looking good, but I have been uped to Ensure once a day (it is really nasty especially since I don't like sweet things) and am showing signs of labor which I showed the whole last month with Parkes and he only came 3 days early so I'm not really expecting anything to happen. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!!!!

2 comments:

Stressed and Distressed said...

Rachel Ray makes everything look easy! We're hoping to try making our own house this weekend! I can't wait to meet the new baby girl!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the updates since we haven't gotten together a lot lately! I as well, cannot wait to meet the baby...I see Delia has voted for girl!

Merry Christmas!