Sorry it's been awhile seens I posted. I feel like we've been running around like crazy lately. Here's what Parkes likes to do with the boxes that I bring home the groceries in after I finish unloading them. He gets whatever dolls he feels like that day and makes a train for them to ride in. Brandon will tell you that his Mr. T doll which was Brandon's growing up is a stuffed action figure, but it is definitely a doll.
We have had lots of fun things going on around here, but I have been bad about taking pictures of them. Parkes has enjoyed going to the pool and we have been going to story time at the downtown library. Parkes got his library card today and checked out some Curious George books which is one of his favorite TV shows to watch while eating his afternoon snack. He is also talking like crazy now...you never know what will come out of his mouth. The other day he announced to Daddy that "mommy's belly's getting big." Hopefully he just said that because I keep telling him it's going to get big. He starts VBS next week which we are both looking forward too. At the pool he swims and jumps in all by himself with his wings on and had lots of fun playing with Daddy and Matt in the pool being thrown around on Friday afternoon. Saturday was all about birthdays...I went and got manicures with the girls to celebrate Keri's birthday. Then we all headed out to Spring Hill to celebrate Brandon's co-worker's son's birthday. Then headed back to Nashville in just enough time to drop Parkes off at The Children's Playroom (which I highly suggested) so Brandon and I could head downtown to celebrate Keri and Meridy's birthdays. We went to hear music at this place call Paradise Park Trailer Park which as it sounds is a redneck's playground...it was so funny with a wall of mullets and toliets with flowers as decor. We didn't make it out long enough (just to 8:30) to go upstairs to the Dueling Piano Bar, but we heard it was really fun. We had a great Father's Day especially since Brandon picked to have his father's day lunch at Taco Bell which is Parkes all time favorite place to eat. Then at Brandon's request we all just spent the day together...he is such a wonderful father, you can see it in Parkes' face everytime he walks through the door. So that was our weekend/week. We are hopefully getting the second dormer put on the house this weekend so please pray for no rain so we can start getting this project wrapped up and have a bedroom to bring the baby home to sleep in.
1 comment:
I pity the fool that call Mr. T a doll!!
Jen S
Post a Comment