Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action

So I had a good idea to take a picture of the boys all tangled up in lights while we were putting up the tree and as you can see they didn't think it was that great of an idea. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebrating 3 times. We are so thankful for the life we have and the people that have filled it up. This week especially we have really felt such a great outpouring of love and generosity of the people that have entered our life. And now it is Christmas Break...where has the time gone. I am really thankful to get to spend two weeks with the boys and have a break from the regular schedule where I can just enjoy being a mom again without the constant rush. As for the boys, Parkes is getting so old so quick. He'll be 5 at the end of the month and is loving everything to do with books and reading. Every night we must read one chapter of the Magic Tree House series books and one chapter from the Bible before he goes to bed. He loves to list together letters and ask me what they spell and is now very interested in vowels since I told him you can't spell anything without vowels...which has come back to get me since he then list out letters and I say they don't spell anything and he tells me "mom it has a vowel." And Cash is as funny as ever. He talks like crazy, and does not stop until he gets a response which is usually him yelling "bye dadda, bye dadda, bye chis, bye dadda" the whole way to school since they are not in the car to respond to him (chis is chris who does work with Brandon). And he thanks everyone for everything you could imagine...he brings me the remote as he says, "Tank you, tank you" until I take it. And he always thanks me after diaper changes as he also says, "bye bye pee pee." Cash has brought down the Christmas tree this year which brought more tears from Parkes then Cash. It's hard to believe the year is almost over and my boys will be a year older (all three of them). Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Stites said...

I've missed you all on the blog!! And I can't believe the boys are growing so fast. You are so wise to enjoy all the little things they do. I'm waiting for my "baby" to get here from Boston right now. Have a wonderful Christmas. We LOVE you all.
Jen