Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break Fun and Balloons!

This past week was the boys and my spring break and truthfully I was not doing cartwheels about it. The boys really enjoy school and need that outlet for their energy, and I enjoy the break even though I am in a class of 8 kids down the hall, other kids actually listen to what I saw when I tell them to stop usually. Anyway, the week actually turned out great. Both boys seemed to catch onto that it was spring break and decided to sleep until 9 every day...yes I said 9. We all three enjoyed being lazy and just playing around the house and enjoying the weather. Parkes pulled out his sidewalk chalk and had lots of fun. Cash had his first experience of running free in the back yard and had a blast. Brandon joined in on the fun on Saturday and we spent all day outside playing with the neighbors. Cash has started clinching all the muscles in his body when he gets really excited to the point he is shaking. Here's the best shot we have gotten of it below. It is so funny and he will start doing it for the laughs too. He has formed a love of balloons and today as we walk in Harris Teeter he started getting really excited because he could see the balloons he could hardly control himself. Parkes has decided that his favorite color is blue (everyone must have one and if you don't Parkes picks one for you....we will see how this goes as Cash starts voicing his opinion more). But anyway, Cash carries his balloon around with him for hours and gets really upset when it is taken away. Here he is eating with it because he had a death grip on it I couldn't pry it out of his hands and it was not a battle worth fighting over.

2 comments:

the Wilbecks said...

TOO cute. Glad that Cash chose the BLUE balloon and that I do have a favorite color. :)

Jennifer Stites said...

I'm laughing so hard...your boys are a riot! Jen (check me out at pinkpainter.etsy.com mostly vintage from my booth, some art)