Monday, March 09, 2009

First Shiner

Cash got his first black eye today...pretty good with how rough our boys are. It doesn't really do it justice in this picture, but you get an idea. Luckily it happened in my classroom right before he wen to his so his teachers didn't have to come and tell me and no accident report had to be written up. He cried for all of 30 seconds before he wanted down to play some more. Of course if I take Cash's picture Parkes wants his taken as well so here he is with one of his "kids" as he calls his small stuff animals.And finally this Walgreens Deal from Southern Savers is just too good not to share. I did it Sunday. Now if you printed off the $5 coupons for Huggies then it's a great deal (if you just have the $1.50 off ones then it's still not bad). I actually did this deal then took my $10 register rewards (print off with receipt) to buy 4 12 packs of cokes for $13 (so paid $3) which printed off $3 more register rewards which I then used to buy milk (so paid nothing). So when I left Walgreens I had spent $17.50 and had a total savings of $90 for 4 Glade products, 3 packs of diapers, 4 12 packs of cokes, milk and a coke for me to take to church. Now what really got my out of pocket was the deal below was $6, but the tax was $6 because it is on the total before the coupons are taken off.
  • Buy:
  • (3) Huggies Diapers $10 ea
  • (4) Glade Lasting Impressions or Sense and Spray $7.99 ea
  • Use:
  • (3) -$5 off Huggies printable (will work for any type)
  • (2) Glade B1G1 printable
  • (2)-$4 off Glade Manufacturer coupon from newspaper
  • (4) -$4 off Glade Walgreens coupon (only need one, computer will take it off x 4) from Easy Saver Rebate Book
  • Total Due: $6.49
  • Get: $10 RR back, you make $3.51 profit
So with Walgreens and after a $23 Publix trip (I saved $38) I am almost at my $50 weekly grocery budget which I have done great the past two weeks of keeping and that includes buying 4 packs of diapers and 5 boxes of Captain Crunch which Brandon was very excited about.

No comments: