Well this Valentine's Day we decided to do something a little different and spend some family time away from home where the laundry, dishes and various other to-do list get in the way (Brandon and I did go to dinner alone together last weekend). So where did we go...to a cabin off the Natchez Trace. Brandon had gone there growing up and said how much fun he had there hiking and fishing so since I am destined to be a mother of boys I should just embrace it. So we packed up the car and left Saturday morning. Luckily it was nice the first day and a half so we got some hiking and fishing in before it turned really cold. The cabin, as Brandon put it, hasn't changed at all since he had been there as a child so you could imagine there was not much. We were told no TV which when we explained this to Parkes his response was with a big bottom lip stuck out, "But I love TV." We all survived though with no technology (it did turn out there was a tv in the cabin but it only got a few home shopping channels and we tv). So here's some pictures from the past few days (I left our camera at my class so we only had Parkes' camera and the pics are a little grainy, but it is fitting for the trip).
I haven't been to cvs in awhile. We've been getting grocery store coupons like crazy with all the new stores opening around us. So I've been making multiple grocery visits to utilize those. Harris Teeter has sent out for 5 weeks $20 off a $50 purchase...how can I turn that down.
3 comments:
Looks like my kind of V-day! I'm sure you all had fun. Let us know if you want to go back with friends.
The grainy just adds to the atmosphere. The pic of Brandon and Parkes on the bank is an instant classic. What a beautiful place to get away to.
Cute pictures! I'm glad you all had a great V-day & could get away from the normal everyday routines to really enjoy it :)
Post a Comment