Monday, January 05, 2009

Savings for 2009

I've been asked several times about the coupon lessons I have learned from my sister when she went to a class given by a local friend of hers and if it really saves that much well according to my cvs receipt I have saved almost $700 for 2008. Of course if you don't have young children in diapers and eating formula then your savings would be less as I buy all that good stuff there with my extra care bucks (ECB - their savings program that print off at the end of the receipt when you have their store card). So as I start over for 2009 with no roll over ECB since I used them to buy some household staples before Christmas I added a sidebar that shows what I am buying at CVS. If you look at the pages of deals on the webpages they can be overwhelming so this is just a easy way to see how you can make it work for you (don't know why it went italic there, but I can't fix it). I will show the coupons I use from the newspaper inserts (there are two in the Sunday paper, Red Plum (RP) and Smart Source (SS)). So it will show a date and then which insert which saves you from ever clipping a coupon until you are actually going to use it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this blog meant for Jim? HA Miss you guys and tell the boys Hi for us!
SB

Katie said...

y'all were the inspiration. i hope it works for y'all. jennie definitely probably knows the most, but i do need to get you the notes that she gave me from the class.