Sunday, September 21, 2008

No Gas so Let's Walk

Well the gas situation in Nashville has been crazy, and I planned on waiting out all the lines and thought I could make it through the weekend, but sure enough Friday my light came on and I only found one gas station with gas and it has lines like crazy and was complete chaos. So I drove home and Brandon was going to go out late that night to find out the closest station to us with gas had a 45 mins wait which I would of run out of gas waiting. So Brandon got up bright and early saturday morning and head out in search of gas with no luck and a car that wasn't going to make it to another gas stations. Luckily our generous neighbors waited out a line and filled up a gas can for us so I had a little gas, but not enough to waste driving around so we packed up the kids in the stroller and took a leisurely walk down the greenway to Target Saturday morning. We brought along the camera so here's some lovely pictures from our adventure. Parkes and Cash enjoying looking at the creek below. Parkes loves the greenway because he can run along the whole thing without me telling him to hold my hand. The walk wore Cash out and he napped on the way home with his new shoes on. Parkes picked me some flowers with the help of Brandon. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon watching football and playing in the yard. Brandon had a friend getting rid of a large tv that I told him he was not allowed to bring into our house. So Brandon being Brandon decided he would use it outside so he could watch the games under the carport. So here's Parkes and Cash watching football in Parkes' elephant chair and then Brandon and Parkes enjoying some football while relaxing in the hammock. We were about to all pile in the car on Sunday afternoon to head to Dickson to get some gas so we would be able to go to work this week when we got a call that the gas station in our neighborhood just got gas and because it is off the main roads we had no wait so everything worked out perfectly and we decided that we really should just walk to Target more on pretty days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! At least you all turned a bad situation into a good time! :) We can relate - I had to wait 45 mins on Friday to get gas & almost witnessed two fights there - and Nathan had to leave his car on the way home & I picked him up cause he wasn't going to have enough gas to get home. We have now vowed to not let our tanks get that low again! Crazy times for sure.

keri said...

CUTE story! Sounds like a lovely family day :)