Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bad Week and It's Only Thursday

Well I started out this week on Monday shocking myself on a plug and getting to go into the hospital to get hooked up to a fetal monitor for a couple of hours, but luckily everything was okay and I had some small cramps probably due to dehydration, I learned the aderaline of the shock dehydrates you, but no contractions or anything and baby was moving and strong. So if that wasn't enough for one week last night after getting Parkes to bed Brandon calls me upstairs to help him move a door over and sure enough that same plug (which is the only one out of the wall as the electrician got the rest in but for some reason this one has stayed sticking out just enough from the wall to get me) got my leg as I walked by it. I don't think it actually shocked me this time, but did feel warm so called the doctor again who proceeds to ask me if my house was safe to live in, but I didn't have to go into the hospital this time as I had no contractions and the baby was kicking like crazy (probably mad at me). So needless to say I have been banned from going upstairs by Brandon and my doctor until it is completed, and first thing Brandon is doing when he gets home tonight is fixing that plug. So just say a little prayer for this baby that I can stay accident free for the next 15 to 17 weeks. And we should hopefully actually be moving our bedroom upstairs in October as carpet is scheduled for a week from Monday so I will post pictures of it soon...it looks so good now that there is drywall and paint on the walls. Oh and to keep everyone in the loop with our baby names I think we are actually leaning towards Bryant Edwards now for a boy (and yes I know it came from Bear Bryant, but I do like the name on it's own and I got the name Sage from my soap so I figured I couldn't say no to something from Brandon's favorite sports team).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this baby is born with its hair standing straight up, you'll know why!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're doing OK. Definitely don't go up to the 2nd floor again! :)

I love the name Bryant - of course I might be a little biased. But I think I'd like it even if I wasn't an Alabama fan! I can't wait till little Bryant or Sage arrives!

Mary Alice said...

this brings back many memories of my un-safe house while i was pregnant. thankfully, God made expectant mommies and unborn babies very resilient. i am so glad you are OK!!!