Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day and Exciting Changes

Here's Cash on his Leprechaun Hunt at one school (since he had two hunts at each of his schools he was an old pro by the end yelling "I found it" with each leprechaun he spotted). Hope everyone has a fun St. Patty's Day!!! For the past few months I've been trying to figure out what I was going to do next year. This past year has been really hard on me not because of anything bad happening just working five days with aftercare two of those days and at two different schools is just leaving me really run down and not spending the time I need to with my boys, but realistically I really should work five days even though Brandon is doing great and really has the referrals and jobs coming in after a few tough years and changes with running things he is in a really good place being true to himself in the way he works. All that still doesn't leave the fear from me dropping five days, but I am taking a leap of faith and know that God will provide for us as He has always done. So I am doing something for me and will be writing a column for Her Nashville magazine called Her How-To. It will be a how-to on different types of crafty, artsy projects (see picture above where I made Parkes a pillow). My first column will run in the May issue and I'll continue to work three days at only one school. So I'm excited to see what will come with it and the challenge of coming up with projects each month which I already do but usually don't really realize it could be a project since it is second nature to me to change things and reuse things in different ways. So I've started the first project and documenting it since I need to turn it in at the end of March so look for a Mother's Day idea in the May issue.

2 comments:

Jennifer Stites said...

Wow, Katie, that's so exciting. I've saved the magazine to favorites already and will be looking for you there.
JenS

Meridy Kizer said...

Congrats Katie! That column sounds perfect for you & I know you'll do great! How exciting & hope you love it & also that the 3 days at school works out better for you.