
Well since our front porch had been in the weather for awhile it was time to finally stain it this weekend, but being us we decided to take on a few more projects as well. The shutters needed some major help from the upstairs work and porch addition, but we couldn't find what we wanted at a price we were willing to pay so as a solution I had seen these shutters in a magazine and decided to have my wonderfully handy husband build them...he loves me a lot to put up with all the things I come up with. Anyway they turned out beautiful and took no time.

Well then the other side of the house needed a little something and I had always wanted a flower box in front of these windows so while Brandon was at it he put this together for me.

But the trick is I had him put holes so I could put pots in it and make it an easy maintenance flower box. He really loves me.

I was not sitting around twiddling my thumbs though I helped out by staining the deck and spraying the rest of the furniture black. And then Brandon last Thursday called and told me he was bringing me a present home and this is what he brought...

most people might think we are crazy, but I was excited about it. He has plans to turn it into my outdoor chandelier that I've been wanting to hang over our patio table so stay tuned for pictures. Don't know when it will be completed because I know there is welding involved. He also brought me a mantle home from the house they are gutting and redoing in Franklin as a present....we are lucky we found each other.
2 comments:
It all looks beautiful - it will make "Porch Talk" even more fun :)
I love the flower box!
WOW! It looks like something from "Southern Living"! Absolutely gorgeous.
Post a Comment